Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!




In a nod to Halloween I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the boys from years past.




What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. Got up early this morning. I wanted to be to the barn by 8:00. Needed some time to get the pasture mud off Boo before we loaded up and headed out for the clinic. He wasn't too bad off considering it had been 2 days since I had been out. We were a little bit late leaving but got to our destination in time for Linda to saddle up and ride. I was to ride 45 minutes later.




I really learned a lot in this clinic. My friend Joanne taped it for me. If she hadn't I would be panicking about now, because I know I have already forgotten some of the details. Still I remember enough to work on until I get the DVD from Joanne. We worked in rising trot and canter. We also did some work on leg yielding which I had thought I was doing pretty well on, but now recognize that I am leaning too much and having to work way to hard at getting him to move sideways. This is a very non intimidating clinic and instructor. I love that. It makes it seem like a fun outing with girlfriends rather than a life or death work session.




We have coffee and everyone usually brings something for the potluck table. Today I took a crockpot full of taco soup. Nice to have something warm on a chilly day. By the time we got back to the barn I had time to come home, shower, and eat something before the trick or treaters started knocking on the door. It's now 8:06 and they are still out there in mass. My lights go off at 9:00 or when the candy runs out which ever comes first. Hope you all had a happy Halloween!




Tomorrow it's out to MHEEC in Boring where Sarah will compete Bay in the "Dressage Can Be Fun Show!" She did the schooling show today and got the 2nd highest score in her first class 69.4 as opposed to 69.7 and then got another 69.4 in her second class which ended up being the highest score. We have high hopes for her in tomorrow's league show.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Sarah for her high scores! Cute pictures of the boys! Have fun tomorrow, I head down to the desert next Sunday...Little Lady leaves Wednesday for her trip down although this time instead of straight through she is going on vacation with Cowboy and Mama H. They will be overnighting at a bed and breakfast, Little Lady reguested and ocean view and 24 hour room service! LOL maybe I'll see you next summer!

    ReplyDelete