Monday, November 2, 2009


Great show yesterday. So glad I got to go and watch Sarah and Bay do their thing. They did a beautiful job and I am proud of them both! They bettered their score from yesterday in Training level test 3 to a 70.8 %, and although they scored a little lower in Training level test 4 than they had the day before, they still managed to tie for first place. I'm not quite sure what the tie-breaker was but they ended up with second. So, with 4 rides Sarah ended up with 1 blue and 3 red ribbons. The best thing though was bettering her score. You always want to better your score. Does anyone know what they use to break ties in a dressage show?


I mostly sat in a folding chair and watched everyone ride. I tried to take a few pictures but the environment was not cooperating. It is so hard to get good pictures inside a riding arena. Even outside it's not easy. It was sunny and I'm not complaining, but the glare was a bit of a problem. The glare and the shadows.


One things for sure....I was relieved not to be riding. I have the worst show nerves! I've been told by more than one person that the way to fix that is to get out there over and over again, but I'm just not ready yet. I don't think my riding is up to the task. Working on it though. Definitely working towards it. I'll be riding the lower levels in the vintage classes but I'm working at it ;)




2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture! Did you take that this weekend? It sounds like you had a lot of fun watching. I've never been to a show, believe it or not. I keep meaning to, but I'm always about Western.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Sarah and Bay!! Smart riders compete against themselves, always striving to do their best and improve on their tests or courses.

    Cow horse and dressage star...Bay does it all!

    As for show nerves, my adult ammie hunter pals discovered a wine cooler was helpful. Just one, though! Don't want to forget the jump course or dressage test. ;-)

    ReplyDelete