Sunday, November 15, 2009

Come and get me...I dare ya!


I have been having some wonderful rides lately. They are work...but they have gone well. Today I went out to ride for the 5th time in the past week and lo and behold... all the things we had been working on all week long had paid off big time. Boo was forward, Boo was soft and chewing the bit in just a matter of a few minutes rather than 10 or 15 minutes. All week long we had fleeting "good moments" and today we had "fleeting rough moments". Needless to say I was one happy camper. I am not naive enough to thing the bad days are gone for good...but we are beginning to communicate again. It's not just me getting on and him ignoring me while I get more and more frustrated.


I've been forcing myself to work on my rising trot each time I ride too. That is also getting better. Probably because I am getting stronger. I am so looking forward to riding now. Never underestimate the value of eyes on the ground. Between Tracey and Bernadine I have begun to really enjoy being in the saddle again. I feel like they will help me to be a better rider and that is really all I want. To be the best rider I can be.


Mick took Bay out to a cow sorting clinic on Saturday. I tried to take pics, but for some reason I didn't really get many good ones of him. I did, however, get some good ones of strangers. Go figure. I'm going to burn them to a DVD and send them off to the barn owner. She can do with them what she pleases.


4 comments:

  1. Well the shot you posted was just darling!
    Keep up the training...it seem to be paying off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and Boo. Where was the cow sorting? DO they do it often? I live in Canby and would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!!! I love making new milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowledgeable and supportive trainers are worth every penny! Looking forward to sharing our CEC clinic!

    ReplyDelete