Friday, February 6, 2009

I like my life

I had an awesome ride yesterday! Everything I asked for Boo gave to me willingly. I had the barn to myself through the entire ride. I like the company of other riders, but sometimes it is nice to get the whole arena to practice in. Tonight we will do some inhand work as a reward for yesterday. Give his back a rest but still engage his mind. Don't want to get to predictable.

We are still shampooing Bay with medicated shampoo every other day in order to treat his ring worm. Yesterday was a shampoo day. Normally hubby goes out to do that but yesterday I did it. I traded driving my grandson to a casting call for shampooing a horse. Wow!! Did that ever turn out to be a smart move on my part. Hubby and grandson arrived at 3:30 p.m. They stood in line outside in the cold for 5 hours all to get 2 pictures taken and leave their contact information. In short it was a real "cattle call." Moooooooo

When I first started riding I was the only one in my circle of friends who did. I didn't talk about it much because when I did I could see their eyes start to glaze over. If your not a horse person I guess you just don't get how obsessed horse people can get. For me, it isn't a hobby and it is a lifestyle. I realize it isn't that way for everyone and that's okay. In the past year or so 2 of my neighbors have started riding. I think they, like me, could easily become borderline obsessed. It's nice to have someone to talk horses with while everyone else is talking PTA, soccer, basketball, football, or whatever sport their children are into. I wish I had found this years ago, but I will settle for being extremely happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment