Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Under the weather

Hmmm...if it's not one thing it's another. I haven't been able to work with Boo since the longeing session last week. I went out to hold the horses for the farrier on Friday. I was perfectly fine. Later that afternoon, for no apparent reason, I had this terrible pain in my left hip. I could hardly walk. Nothing unusual happened with the horses while I was holding them, so I don't know why I have the pain...unless it was from dancing the night before. However, if it was from dancing why did the pain not occur until Friday afternoon? At any rate, I went to an OHSET drill team to watch a friend and limped around like Chester in Gunsmoke! Remember him?

On Saturday it was a little better but not much. DH and I went back out to watch more OHSET. We spent the entire day out there. I would sit on the benches, and then stand up to stretch and then sit some more. Didn't walk around any more than I had too. On Sunday it felt quite a bit better, but still there was pain, so I decided not to ride. Monday even better still, but still some pain so no riding.

I had planned to go out today because I figured it would be even better today if not completely gone. That had been the pattern. The pain is about the same and I'd probably at least go longe, but last night out of the freakin blue I started sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. I now have a sore throat, headache, stuffy nose, and my ears feel like they have fluid in them. Arrgghhh! This is my first cold of the entire winter!

What is so strange about all of this is both maladies hit me completely OUT OF THE BLUE!!! No warning. Feeling fine. Wham! There's a problem.

This was suppose to be the month I rode regularly in preparation for the clinic with Tracey next weekend and Bernadine at the end of the month. As I said in a previous post "If you want to make God laugh...tell him your plans!

I know some of the other bloggers have been really sick, so I will count myself lucky if this is just a mild cold that is manageable in just a couple of days. Until then, I'm gonna go park myself on the sofa with my blanket and my corgi.

2 comments:

  1. Sofa, blanket and dog - excellent idea! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete