Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LET'ER BUCK!











DH and I love rodeos! We have an entire row for 2 days running at St. Paul. We usually always make an appearance at Molalla. We think the Canby rodeo is great! We've been to Ellensburg and danced in the arena with the Native Americans. We've done the Grandaddy of them all (Cheyenne Frontier Days) more than once. Every November we go to the Columbia Circuit Finals in Redmond Oregon. We have tickets for 4 every day of the Roundup! We usually try to go to a new one every year. I have Chief Joseph Days on my radar and the Calgary Stampede is a long held dream of mine, but my favorite rodeo by far is the Pendleton Roundup.
This year is the 100th anniversay of the Roundup. DH has been monitoring the progress of the new grandstands. While perusing the website he came across a souvenir that we just couldn't pass up. It arrived a few days ago.
LET'ER BUCK!




2 comments:

  1. I rode in the St Paul Rodeo Parade 2 years ago!!! I love your new Blanket...I was going to get the saddle pad that matches it but you would have been able to see the Bronc when the saddle was on. I do have sevaral of the rimrock pads...they have so much color. Have you been to the NFR ??? Palm Springs is having a rodeo in March...looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My claim to fame is sitting in the Queen's box at the 1980 St. Paul Rodeo. My good friend was on the court. The Pendleton Roundup is on my Bucket List. I understand the Sisters Rodeo is a hoot, also.

    I'm an Arabian and hunter/jumper gal, but I do love a change of pace at a rodeo.

    I envy you the commemorative Pendleton blanket.

    ReplyDelete