Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Horses and Grandsons


I managed to spend most of today out at the barn. Enjoyed calling a test for one of the other boarders. Then I got Boo out of the pasture and had him do a longeing session with side reins. He was such a good boy that we didn't have to go for very long. Gave him a bath afterwards and clipped his bridle path. Going out again to clip his feet and ears. It's been to hot for a flysheet a good part of this summer, so Boo is a bit bleached out from his normal almost black color. He has a bite mark on his hip that I put some neosporin on and circled with Swat to keep the flies away. Sounds like he may be challenging the pasture boss a bit. Seeing if he can usurp his power. We'll see how that goes. I had planned on taking my camera out today because it is so much fun to post pictures with my blog, but of course I forgot it AGAIN. Will try again tomorrow.


I am off now to take my grandson to his cast photo shoot. He is playing the part of Oliver in Lakewood Theater's production this September/October. If you live in the Portland metro area you should get tickets and come see him. He's a very talented young man.

1 comment:

  1. Is the "pasture boss" a fleabitten gray by any chance? Sorry about Boo's booboo.

    ReplyDelete