Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Success


I hadn't ridden Boo in a over a week, so I decided it might be smart to longe him first just to see what kind of mood he was in. He is such a good boy! We started out just on the longe line and he followed my voice commands like the pro he is. We attached the side reins and he continued to cooperate. I didn't make him go for very long because my goal was to ride the rising trot and report back to the physical therapist. I'm happy to say we rode for about 10 minutes (PT rules) at the rising trot. No pain!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what the physical therapist says tomorrow. Maybe she'll let me go longer or maybe she'll let me sit the trot. Gotta tell ya I was tempted to sit the trot and to canter, but I didn't do it. The last thing I want is to set myself back. Trail season is upon us and I'm hoping to get out for a few short rides and work up to some longer ones.


I'm going to go out again tomorrow. Boo needs a little clean up. He needs his muzzle clipped and his bridle path. He needs his tail washed too in the worst way. It is so gratifying to go out and have him be happy to see me. He met me at the gate and I think he enjoyed the brushing. He's all shed out now and looking good.


This weekend is the Fort Vancouver dressage show at the Clark county expo. We'll be there on Saturday with Sarah and Bay. I think she's going to ride training level and first level at this show. Sure hope the weather cooperates and we get some sunshine and warm tempertatures. I'm taking my camera so I hope to have pictures to post.


I want to thank everyone who gave me encouraging words on my last post. Sometimes life gets me down, but I'm happy to report that I'm back on track with my diet and exercise and that goes a long way towards helping me cope with the rest of it.


Posting a picture of a bush in my yard. It's blooming right now. I don't know what kind of bush it is, so if anyone does I'd be happy to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your "no pain" ride!! BTW, I think the bush you have in your yard is a Weigela. I have a pink one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wolfie! I'll look that up. Maybe they will have a phonetic spelling so I can figure out how to pronounce it properly!

    ReplyDelete