Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm still here

There is not much that is horse related going on in my life right now, but I have it to look forward to for next week. I get to go home for a few days on Monday. My youngest grandson, Shea, has been nominated for a musical theater award for his work in "Oliver" last fall. I'm going to take mom to her doctor appointment Monday morning and then head back over the mountain so I can attend the awards. Hubby and Poko have been holding down the fort for Miley and I while we have been away.

On Tuesday I intend to be at the barn for quite awhile for ridng and if weather permits for a marathon grooming session. A bath for Boo would be nice! I think the farrier is coming later in the month and it will be time to shoe in hopes that I can go for a few trail rides this year. Boo has done really well barefoot this year. He spends most of his winter that way. At this rate neither Boo or I will be getting into great riding shape anytime soon...but we will keep plugging away at it.

Mom came home from rehab on Thursday and seems to be doing alright. They still need help here, but I have high hopes that in another week or two I will be able to come home full time. She hasn't heard from her physical and occupational therapists yet, but if we don't hear by Monday we'll let the doc put the heat on them to get busy.

All in all, I am hanging in there. I am sleep deprived but no more so than anyone else in this house. I found a weight watchers meeting and went to it Thursday night. I gained 0.2 pounds. Arrggghhh! First weight gain since I started. Not much of a gain though so it could have been any number of things. Just makes my resolve to stick to healthy eating and tracking EVERYTHING that much stronger.

I'm hoping to get back to blogging about things far more interesting very soon...until then I'm reading all of your blogs and getting my horsey fix that way :)

2 comments:

  1. As stressful as it is caring for your mother, it would be worse to be worrying from a distance. I was glad that I could assist my mother when my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and in a position to become roomies when my dad passed away. I know your efforts are appreciated and I hope your mother mends quickly.

    As to the horses -- all are plumping up quickly on the summer turnouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your absolutely right Mary. I wouldn't be happy if I weren't doing what I'm doing. I'm where I'm suppose to be right now. I am coming home tomorrow afternoon for a few days but will be back later in the week. So glad I have CEC to look out for the boys and Mick to look after everything else. Might have to take Boo's grain away if he's getting to fat on the grass! Don't imagine he will appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete