Thursday, January 28, 2010


I went to Hillsboro today to have the shims put into my saddle which Bernadine recommended at our last clinic. I'm looking forward to riding in the saddle to see how it works for me. It will probably feel wrong at first, but I am sure I will get use to it. While I was there I looked for a loose-ring snaffle bit also recommended by Bernadine. Since they didn't have one in my size I ended up ordering one. I got a KK Herm Sprenger Aurigan. Spendy bit, but I think it's going to work out well. I ended up getting a new pair of black reins too. Tack shops are dangerous places for me to be spending my time as you can see.


Tuesday I had the equine chiropractor come out to work on both horses. I use to be a bit of a sceptic when it came to chiropractors. A few years ago Bay had some problems and our trainer at the time recommended Mark. That man worked wonders with Bay. I'm not kidding. I have been a believer ever since. I don't have Boo worked on as often as I'd like, but he gets a couple of spa days a year and Tuesday was the first one for 2010.


Before Mark got there I had a ride on Boo. We were working on our homework from the Bernadine clinic. Sigh...sometimes it just seems so hard. My legs were so tired from asking. We finally got the forward I needed but only after I had to smack him with my dressage whip (He bucked. He always bucks when I have to use the dressage whip for more than just a tap tap tap). Once he did what I'd been asking him to do I called it a day and took him outside to walk through the big puddle. We warmed up on a couple of small ones first. I walked over to the big puddle. He stopped. I gave him a long rein. He sniffed at the water. I gave him a nudge with my overly tired legs. He walked through the water like it was no big deal!!! I don't know if he's finally getting over his resistance to water or if the memory of the dressage whip was still fresh in his mind. I don't care. I'm just glad we didn't have to fight about it. It's not always like this. In fact most of the time we really have fun. Maybe we're coming up on a break through. Yeah! That's it! We are gonna take a giant leap in our riding relationship any day now. I just know it ;)

1 comment:

  1. Stunning picture!!! What a good looking team. He walked through water - fantastic! I know you will be taking that giant leap very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete