Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Change In Focus

Sarah isn't going to show Baythoven this year in the class A shows.  That means I don't have to keep up all those cumbersome memberships so necessary and vital to the show circuit industry. If Bay isn't showing, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing in those memberships for me. I do plan to keep my ODS membership.  That one always has educational opportunities for members even if they are not into showing.  A primary ODS membership comes with the "Flying Changes" magazine and it comes with a USDF membership which gives me the "USDF Connection" magazine.  Maintaining my connection with ODS will also give me the opportunity to help out at some of the shows.  I'd love to learn to scribe and I am hoping to get that opportunity.

I've decided to invest the money I would have spent on memberships into photography classes.  Of course I am thinking that my photography will take a decidedly equine bent.  I've already signed up for two classes.  One class in photography and one in photo shop.  I am jazzed about this turn of events.  It feels right.  It feels like a big adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend scribing. I learn so much from listening to the judges. Start with a schooling show -- no stress -- and see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete