Friday, March 13, 2009

My first crocus of spring


Lovely day at the barn. I won't lie to you, it started out cold, but I layered up and before long it was warming up and as pleasant as I could ask for. Had to go out early to meet the farrier. I'm keeping the boys barefoot right now, so all they needed was a trim. Didn't take too long. Once they were finished, I decided to longe Boo without sidereins. Nothing to strenuous as he'd just been trimmed. Asked the farrier if he thought it would hurt anything and he said it shouldn't. So we did some nice trot and almost immediately Boo tripped. A little later he tripped again only this time he went to his knees. After that he seemed to be fine. I don't know if he just wasn't use to the shorter feet...we didn't take that much off, or if he just wasn't paying attention. I have to admit I don't know diddy squat about feet and what they should look like etc. I have to rely on the farrier. Sure hope he is alright. I'll be keeping a close eye out the next few days.


Once we finished longeing we cooled down by walking about and then I took Boo outside and let him graze for about 10-15 minutes. We finished up with him getting at least half my apple and he got to leave his blanket off for the day. Hubby is going out tonight, so he will put it back on then. All in all it was a very pleasant morning and I'm looking forward to more of the same. Now if the weather will just cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment